1. Creator/Author:
  2. Artcraft Photo Co. (2)

Lincoln Court House -- Re-erected in Greenfield Village, Dearborn, Michigan

Creator:
Artcraft Photo Co.
Location:
New Jersey, East Rutherford
Origin Date:
1929-1933
Materials:
paper
Measurements:
overall: 3 7/16 in x 5 3/8 in
Item ID:
71.2009.083.1381
Holding Institution:
Lincoln Financial Foundation Collection, courtesy of the Indiana State Museum
Available for Viewing:
No
Category:
Cartoons, Broadsides & Ephemera

Description

This postcard features the Logan County Court House as it looked after being moved from Logan County, Illinois, to Greenfield Village in Dearfield, Michigan. Abraham Lincoln practiced law in the Logan County Court House when he rode the Eighth Judicial Circuit from 1837-1858 as part of his law practice. A white border surrounds the image with the caption printed in black ink in the bottom margin. The reverse is divided in half vertically. The postcard is addressed to R. Gerald McMurtry of Fort Wayne, Ind. from Robert. The postmark reads "Dearborn, Michigan, Jun 23, 1933." Part of the Lincoln Financial Foundation Collection, courtesy of the Indiana State Museum