Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Bridge and Potomac River, Washington, D. C.
- B. S. Reynolds Co.
- Washington, D.C.
- Origin Date:
- overall: 3 7/16 in x 5 1/2 in
- Item ID:
- Holding Institution:
- Lincoln Financial Foundation Collection, courtesy of the Indiana State Museum
- Available for Viewing:
- Cartoons, Broadsides & Ephemera
This linen postcard features an aerial view from 5,000 feet of the Washington Memorial in the foreground and looking west toward the Lincoln Memorial and the Memorial Bridge across the Potomac River. The image is surrounded by a white border with the title printed in the top margin. The number 40831 is printed in the lower right corner of the border. The reverse is divided in half vertically with descriptive text and space for a message on the left half. The right half is reserved for the address. This postcard was addressed to Lincoln Life Ins. of Fort Wayne, Indiana, with a message from Mrs. Anna Onstott of New York City. Part of the Lincoln Financial Foundation Collection, courtesy of the Indiana State Museum
Explore the Collection
- The Lincoln Family Album
- The Lincolns of Springfield, Illinois
- Robert Todd Lincoln
- The 1860 Election
- The Election of 1864
- The Gettysburg Address
- The Emancipation Proclamation
- Bondage to Freedom
- A Civil War Soldier
- The Generals of the Civil War
- This Cruel War Is Over
- We Mourn a Martyred Father
- “O moody, tearful night!”
- The Widow Lincoln
- A Superb Affair
- Lincoln in Cartoons: Through the Years
- A Case of Mistaken Identity
- The Booth Mummy
- A Look Into the Honest Salesman
- Deutsch-Amerikanisches Erbe
- "The Idea of Equal Rights was in the Air"